Friday, June 29, 2012

You Should Be Dancing

It was probably the second Derby Dolls bout I attended several years ago when I was struck by something. It wasn't on the track, or even during game play. It was in the center ring before the bout started. A couple of the girls were dancing. They were wearing skates and were dancing. I'm not talking about figure skating or even that roller skate dancing stuff. They wet just dancing to the music. I was awestruck. How is it possible to be so balance and comfortable on roller skates that you can just stand there and dance?

Today I am in my kitchen, wearing skates, dancing with my kids. I wear my skates around the house sometimes to build my balance and strengthen my skating muscles. Also, sometimes I just want to wear my skates. I miss them sometimes.

So I'm wearing my skates, washing dishes or something boring, when I notice the kids have broken into dance. This is a common occurrence in our home. Well, what am I to do? I start dancing.

It's a bit stilted and awkward and is quite goofy. To be honest, my dancing is always that way. I'm legitimately dancing. I'm picking up my feet, hopping a bit, turning and everything. It takes me a minute to even realize what I'm doing.

I love my skates.

No comments:

Post a Comment