Sunday, April 1, 2012

Suck it Up Time

I arrive at practice and take my customary hour or so to gear up. I head to the new girls, and I'm dying. My hip is still killing me from my recent fall. I can do this, though.

What are we doing today? Knee drops.

Shit.

Skating hurts a bit, dropping to my knees hurts a bit. Getting up is murder. I clench my teeth to hold in the yell every time.

The bad part isn't the pain. It's pretty bad, but what is worse is what it does to me. Instead of jumping in to take my turn, I hang around the periphery. I'm actively trying to get passes over some. I just have to give my hip some rest.

We work on stops. T-stops, yay! No more knee drops.

Except now I'm legitimately falling a lot, which presents the same issue with getting up.

Now it's plow stops. The movement itself puts such extreme pressure on my aching hip.

I look around, and I know no one of these women would let a sore hip slow them down.

I suppose it's time to stop whining and suck it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment